Thank you for choosing the Hero Themes Knowledge Base plugin,
this plugin will add a knowledge base to your WordPress powered
site and features:
● Simple and powerful Knowledge Base
● Live search functionality
● Custom knowledge base post types
● Custom categories and tags
● Add attachments
● Vote articles (with Heroic Voting plugin)
Hero Themes are the creators of the #1 premium Knowledge Base theme for WordPress. This
guide documents how to set up and configure the Knowledge Base plugin.
To install Heroic Knowledge Base you will require a selfhosted WordPress version 3.5 or higher
installation. A supporting Hero Theme is not required but offers additional functionality and
You can install the plugin in a number of ways:
● From Zip File: In the WordPress admin panel navigate to Plugins > Add New, select the
‘Upload’ and browe to the zipped plugin file, and hit install now.
● FTP Upload: Using your FTP program upload the unzipped plugin folder into the
/wpcontent/plugins/ folder of your WordPress installation.
Once the plugin has been installed, you need to activate it. Go to Plugins > Installed Plugins and
activate Heroic Knowledge Base